If you are a professional working in Early Years, the below training and events are available to you during November.
Each training session is booked through Enable where you can also see the full course details.
Once you log on, click on the EVENTS tab and then click on ‘available events’. All eLearning is accessed through the LEARNING tab.
Every Sleep a safe sleep
Date: Monday 13 November
Time of training: 2 hours
Target Audience: Multidisciplinary for all agencies who work with parents and carers of babies aged 0-12 months including pre-birth
- To ensure all frontline workers are equipped with the skills to engage in individualised safer sleep conversations with parents and carers to reduce the risks of sudden unexpected death in infancy (SUDI), in particular where additional vulnerabilities exist
- To introduce the Sudden Unexpected Death in Infancy Risk Minimisation Tool and Safer Sleep Protective Factors Tool
Description of course:
The ‘Every Sleep a Safe Sleep’ training comprises:
- a 55-minute webinar delivering key information about SUDI incorporating recommendations from the Out of Routine Report
- how to effectively share safer sleep messages with parents and carers to reduce the incidence of SUDI
- a SUDI Risk Minimisation Tool for Professionals, a Protective Factors Tool for Parents/Carers, plus ‘Every Sleep a Safe Sleep’ guidance
- a 90-minute post-webinar participatory session where you will have the opportunity to use the tools and guidance to explore scenarios where risks are present
“The content of this training may be upsetting, especially if you have suffered, or been affected by, the death of a baby in any circumstances. If you find you need to take a break at any point, please feel free to do so and return when you are ready”
The below training sessions are also available throughout November
- Alcohol Brief Interventions Training (Face to face the Basement project) 15 November. 09.30am – 11.30am
- Safeguarding Adults Awareness. 15 November. 10.00am – 12.00pm
- Working with Vulnerable Dependant Drinkers. 16 November. 09.30am – 16.00pm
- Multi-Agency Contribution to the Child Protection Conferences. 16 November. 09.30am – 15.30pm
- Child Mental Health: Depression in Children and Young People. 16 November. 09.30am – 12.30pm
- Working with Vulnerable Dependant Drinkers Train the Trainer * you must have attended one of the previous sessions*17 November. 09.30am – 16.00pm
- Early Help Pathway. 21 November. 1.30pm – 4.30
- Working Together to Safeguard Children – incl Meet the Teams this session covers the thresholds and pathways for referral into all children’s services and touches on information sharing and escalation procedures. 22 November. 09.30am – 4.00pm
- Lunch and Learn – PiPoT. 22 November. 12.15pm – 1.00pm
- Challenges Facing Children and Adults in an On-line World. 23 November. 09.30am – 11.45am
- Role and Responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead (non schools) 29 November. 09.30am – 12.30pm
Baby Week Launch – Professionals event
Join us for a celebration of the wonders of children’s play as we explore the different stages of children’s learning. We’ll hear from Andy Burt, Early Excellence. He’ll be sharing his insights into the power of play. We’ll also be hearing from Jane Turner, a Parent Infant Psychotherapist, who will discuss the vital parent-infant relationship and its connection to play.
In addition, We’re pleased to announce the official launch of the Calderdale Starting Well Strategy and we welcome Director of Public Health, Deborah Harkins to present.
This event is FREE for professionals working with babies, children and families in the early years.